GERARD (JERRY) BUCHLEITNER
Licensed Private Investigator State of South Carolina PI License #D0003585
Licensed Private Investigator State of Georgia PI License #PDE051071
Possess an SSBI Top Secret Security Clearance with the NBIB (National Background Investigations Bureau) of the Federal Government
Board Certified Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), March, 2011, Certification #14973
Board Certified-Certified Protection Professional (CPP), American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS), May 1990, Certification #05570
|Strategic Planning & Implementation Policy
Development & Redesign
Criminal Investigation & Fact-Finding
Certified Protection Professional Professional
Electronic Security Systems
Tactical Response & Safety Training
|Analytical, highly adaptable professional with extensive experience in security and investigative processes; certified as an investigator and protection professional.
Skilled in researching and gathering information related to legal, financial, and personnel matters.
Experienced in keeping detailed records and preparing investigative reports while facilitating the exchange of information and coordination of activities with other departments.
Strong knowledge and comfort within Microsoft-based server environments, along with all peripheral processes.
Accomplished communicator skilled in building and strengthening relationships across functions to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
- Obtained a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) Top Secret Security Clearancefrom the U.S. Office of Personnel Management in July 2008. Currently in process for a Top Secret Security Clearance with the NBIB (National Background Investigations Bureau) of the Federal Government
- Promoted to Senior Investigator at United States Investigations Services in August 2013 while being simultaneously awarded Investigator of the Quarter for the Southeast Region; named Runner-Up Investigator of the Year for the Southeast Region in December 2013.
- Recipient of Team Player Award by the United States Investigations Services in April 2010.
- Earned Certified Protection Professional(CPP) and Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) designations through the American Society for Industrial Security.
- Over 25 years of retailLoss Prevention Management experience
Private Investigator, State of South Carolina 2017-Present
- Providing Consultant, Investigative and Prevention services for businesses (BISERVICES.NET) SC PI License #D3585
Current Business Relationships:
Covent Bridge Group, Jacksonville, FL 10/2017-Present
Collins and Tabor Investigators, LLC (Combined Investigators), Woodstock, GA 03/2018-Present
Defense Investigators Group, Hanson, MA 03/2018-Present
- Perform Insurance Fraud investigative and consultant work in the State of South Carolina and Georgia for the above Companies which includes Surveillance, Background Research/ Investigating and Report Writing
- Board Certified as a Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) by the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), March, 2011, Certification #14973
General Information Services Chapin, SC 2014 – 2017
Operations Manager-Background Screening
Supervised a team of 38+ associates while managing day-to-day operations of Background Screening processes, including administrative and technical functions, for the company’s premier Client account. Demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills by leading by example and performing a variety of supervisory duties, including some that changed daily.
- Client Service: Deliver elite customer service through responsive interfacing, problem assessment, prompt determination of corrective actions and comprehensive follow-up. Consistently delivered background check turn-around times (TAT) of 1.5 days or less.
- Project Management: Integral participant in cross-functional development of proprietary online Knowledge Library designed to track and define clients’ background processing procedures. Proactively controlled project risks by monitoring changes in project scope, identifying potential conflicts, and devising and implementing contingency plans.
- Risk Management: Piloted weekly conferences with clients to identify areas of risk involving clients’ general administrative, compliance, technology, and operations functions; deliver recommendations for solutions and improvement.
- Report Writing: Highly developed proficiency in writing status reports and preparing, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual business reviews for clients; capable of translating and presenting findings in to a nontechnical format.
United States Investigations Services, LLC Columbia, SC 2008-2014
Senior Investigator Responsible for performing security clearance background investigations on individuals applying for Federal Government positions, which included the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Leadership: Provided expert-level training to associate staff regarding investigative procedures and reporting requirements.
- Top Performer: Consistently named one of the Top 5 investigators in the Columbia office and within the Southeast Region.
- Investigative & Interview Skills: Performed interviews, investigated background information and prepared investigative reports for the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regarding federal employment applicants, including all U.S. military positions.
Criminal Justice Instructor, Centura College, Columbia, South Carolina, 2013
Regional Loss Prevention Specialist, BI-LO, LLC, Columbia, South Carolina, 1992-2008
District Loss Prevention Specialist, BI-LO, LLC, Charleston, South Carolina, 1987-1992
INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA Indiana, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts-Criminology Bachelor of Arts-Psychology
Reid School of Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques, Basic and Advanced
Wicklander-Zulawski School of Interviewing, Basic and Advanced
Kinesic Technique of Statement Analysis
Civil Mediation Training, South Carolina Council for Mediation and Dispute Resolution
SSBI Top Secret Security Clearance, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, June 2008 to Present
Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), American Society of Industrial Security, March 2011
Certified Protection Professional (CPP), American Society of Industrial Security, May 1990
Certified Locksmith, School of Locksmithing, Las Vegas, Nevada, September 2014
South Carolina Association of Legal Investigators (SCALI)
American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Retail Loss Prevention Association of the Carolinas (RLPAC)
International Association of Interviewers (IAI)
Internet Fraud Casebook – The Worldwide Web of Deceit, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, June 2010
Security Best Business Practices Reference Manual, Vol. 2, American Society for Industrial Security, April 1999